Tuesday 31 July 2018

Stirred - Pirates and Adventurers

 Hello!


 I had a great first visit to the Mancunian feminist spoken word night Stirred, which this month had the theme of Pirates and Adventurers. 

 I read some of my poems - about women and about the sea - and enjoyed hearing the amazing work of the other performers. I met Kate Garrett and Amy Kinsman - writers I knew online through the journals we edit (Foxglove, Picaroon, Riggwelter) - in person, and they were lovely. 

 I also met some new people, and the event had a cosy and welcoming vibe. I am very glad I made the journey - one complicated by train issues and weather - to the Three Minute Theatre.

 I look forward to attending, and reading at, more spoken word events, in Manchester and beyond.

 Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment