Friday 24 August 2018

Coast to Coast to Coast - Launch and What you are made of

 Hello!


 I am very happy to have a poem, "What you are made of", in Issue 4 of Coast to Coast to Coast, which is edited by Maria Isakova Bennett and Michael Brown.

 This journal is like nothing else I have encountered: it is small and delicate and the cover of every copy is individually hand-stitched by Maria. Each copy is stunning and is its own piece of art, which is very cool.

 It has been a dream of mine to make it into the journal, and it is wonderful to have been chosen. I was invited to read at the launch, in a historic house in Liverpool. It was a great night, and I met some lovely people.

 Musician Nick Branton also responded to the poetry read, and hearing music inspired by my work, and by others' I had just heard, was fascinating, and something different and special.

 My copy of Coast to Coast to Coast is something I will always treasure, and I am very proud and happy to be part of such an unusual and beautiful project.

 Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment