Tuesday 24 July 2018

Now Then - Word Life 56 and Raspberries

 Hello!


 I have been Editor of the Word Life section of Now Then Manchester for a year and a half now, and something I have been wanting to do is to curate an issue devoted to showcasing LGBTQ+ writing.

 I waited because I hoped to make as many people as possible aware of Word Life, so they knew to submit their work. I also reached out to people who may not usually share their writing through magazines, through getting in touch with the LGBT Foundation, who helped spread the word. 
 
 Now, after a lot of work, Issue 56 is now here, and I am very proud and happy. It features my poem "Raspberries" as well as writing by Emily Cave, Naomi Sampson, Frankie Blaus, Jasmine Taylor, Caitlin Johnson, Roma Havers and Leah Johnson.

 As always, the page also has listings for literary events and workshops in Manchester, so if you live locally, perhaps you could try something new or practise a skill.

 I hope you enjoy July's Word Life.

 Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment