Saturday 28 April 2018

Global Health Poetry Competition

 Hello!

The Top Three: Me, Toreh O'Garro and Anna Nelson

 I took part in this year's Global Health Poetry Competition, run by Manchester Global Health Society.

 I was delighted to be told that I was in the Top Ten, and invited to read my poem "Perpignan sestina" - inspired by my time living in France - at the awards ceremony at Chapter One Books in the Northern Quarter.

 I was then even more delighted to be told I had won Second Prize. I am so happy that the judges - Dr Sarah Collins, Enam Haque and Joy France - enjoyed my poem, and the ceremony was lovely. I heard some amazing poetry.

 The winning poems will be released in an e-book soon, so watch this space! Overall, this was a really nice and fun thing to happen in the middle of all of my university work and deadlines. I'm very glad I entered the competition.

 Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment