Thursday 30 August 2018

Bad Language Manchester

 Hello!


 I had been hoping to read my poetry at long-running Mancunian spoken word night Bad Language, and was thrilled to get the chance last night. I headed to Gullivers, in the Northern Quarter, and had a highly enjoyable evening. 

 I read some poems I hadn't before - about the body, nature, travel and protest - to a nice reception, which was very encouraging. The other work I heard was diverse, with some of the quirkiest, funniest performances I'd come across at spoken word nights sitting alongside some of the saddest and most thought-provoking.

 I hope to return to Bad Language in the future, and to keep trying new spoken word events around Manchester and beyond.

 Thanks to everyone who has supported me in my writing and performance.

 Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment